About Our Hunter Paces
Whether you're a veteran 'pacer' or new to the world of cross-country riding, you can come out and have fun with us at one of our hunter paces. Please watch our Hunter Pacing 101 Tutorial video.
WHH Hunter Paces area great way to have weekend fun and enjoy the countryside with your family, friends and horses. Riders of all ages enjoy riding cross country in conditions similar to fox hunting in a safe, no-pressure environment. Joining our paces is also a great way to make new friends while sharing good food at our tailgate picnics customary after each pace. Bring your favorite dish or beverage to share!
For Competitive Pacers:
We encourage competitive pacers to compete throughout the year in our High Point series with end of year WHH Pace Championship and awards.
In the fall, all WHH and Quiet Creek Stables Paces count toward the Virginia Martin Memorial Trophy competition.
Good To Know:
- Approved protective headgear with safety harness and boots with sturdy heels are required
- Teams of 2 or 3 can enter
- Divisions Offered: Open, Novice and Hilltopper
- Results are judged against a pre-determined ideal time set for each division by an experienced fox hunter
- All courses are clearly marked
- Jumps are stone walls, coops and natural obstacles to 3'
- Jumping is optional and all jumps have go-arounds
SAVE TIME AT REGISTRATION. BRING YOUR SIGNED FORMS WITH YOU! ONE FORM PER TEAM, ALL RIDERS MUST FILL OUT & SIGN.